Goal Setting Exercise
Using the layout provided in the example and the instructions below come up with your own goal setting pyramid. At the top of the page should be your BIG (long term) goal, and the layers below should be your ‘HOW I WILL ACHIEVE IT’ (medium term) and ‘WHAT I WILL DO TO ACHIEVE IT’ (short term).
STEP 1- Begin with the BIG goal, something you would like to achieve 6 months to a year from now.
Make the ECNL team
STEP 2- We need to come up with HOW we are going to get there.
1) Improve my first touch
2) Score 10 goals on my current team
3) Learn 3 new moves to help me beat players 1v1
STEP 3- What can we be doing to help us get there.
1) Practice my shooting 3 times per week.
2) Work on receiving the ball out the air for 1hr every week.
3) Watch higher level games to see how those players play.
Tips when setting your goals
- Make your goals SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE AND ACHIEVABLE!
- Read your goals everyday and track your progress.
- Share your goals with a friend or family member. Not only can they help you to achieve them but it will also provide you with extra motivation and accountability.
- Don’t be disheartened if we fall behind on achieving one of our goals, evaluate WHY things didn’t work out and use it as motivation moving forward.