FREE I.D CAMP – MAY 5th – 3PM – Larry Simmons Stadium
BUSA is pleased to announce the launch of the BUSA Alabaster Branch starting with the tryouts and evaluations in May 2019. We are excited to offer soccer in south-central Shelby County and feel this will be a great endeavor to serve soccer players in this part of the metropolitan areas. We have hired a tremendous staff to serve the Alabaster branch and look forward to exciting development opportunities for the community.
We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Alabaster Staff.
BUSA Alabaster Director
WPSL Head Coach at Alabama FC
- Alabama FC ECNL staff coach
- 7 years of Club/HS Coaching
- Former DOC of TUSC
- 2016 Alabama State Association Girls Competitive Coach of the Year
- Mississippi College Men’s Soccer
Rusty Cowley, Academy Director
- Thompson graduate, 2008
- Played 4 seasons at Huntingdon College
- BUSA staff coach 2012-2015
- Going into 6th season as Boys Varsity Coach at THS
- USSF D License
Dan Demaster, Academy Director
- New Soccer director at Thompson High School and Girls soccer head coach
- 5 years as Oak Mtn HS Head coach – 3 time 7A state championships
- 2016 – undefeated and NSCAA National Champions
- 2016 – Alabama Coach of the Year
- Helped over 30+ kids play at the college level
- 3 Year collegiate coaching experience with West Chester University and Eastern University
- 6th Year – Dynamic Development Youth Soccer Camps
- 2017 – Birmingham Hammers
- 2004-2008 – Villanova University Full Scholarship Mens Soccer Team
- 2003 PA Gatorade Players of the year and 3x All American
- u16 & u17 – USA National Team Pool Players
- U15 – USYSA National Champions – FC Delco Club Team
BUSA’S Academy Program provides a developmentally appropriate soccer environment for kids to make optimal developmental gains as soccer players, have fun and return to play soccer next year.
We strive to develop players with mastery of fundamental soccer skills who have a solid foundation of basic soccer decision-making. Accomplishing this goal creates players with the foundation necessary to compete at the next level of play.
The Academy has rolling enrollment throughout the fall and spring so your son or daughter can join at any time. For more information, Contact Alabaster Director of Alabaster Jay Hammond at [email protected]
Join our Academy to have your child trained by professionally licensed coaches in an environment created specifically for kids!
EVALUATION UPDATE: MAY 20th – Larry Simmons Stadium
- Trg Months = 4
The BUSA-Alabaster Competitive Program will launch in the Fall of 2019 it will be dedicated in offering players the chance to compete at the highest level, both regionally and nationally; providing a platform to give players the highest quality of training and competition; and encouraging players to participate on state, regional and national teams.
Tryouts, Pricing, and more information will be posted soon.
For Questions pleas Contact Director of Coaching Jay Hammond at [email protected]
BUSA Alabaster Club Store
Uniform and Spirit Wear
Try Out/Evaluation Information
Please Stay Tuned as all Fall 2019 Tryout Information will be released here:
Larry Simmons Stadium – 100 Warrior Drive, Alabaster, Alabama, 35007
Academy Evaluations + 08 Competitive – May 20th
Competitive Tryouts – May 13th and 14th