BUSA Goalkeeper Academy
The Academy offers an exclusive goalkeeper curriculum developed by Jeremy Hampton the Director of Goalkeeping at Birmingham United Soccer Association.
Jeremy brings a wealth of knowledge to the Goalkeeping Program as well as the club. He brings over 20 years of coaching experience at the following levels NCAA Division I, NPSL, WPSL, NCAA Division II, Junior College, High School, Youth Soccer, and Olympic Development levels: with his work with national team, semi-professional, and college level athletes he brings an invaluable level of information, instructional techniques, and training environments to the Goalkeeping Program. He currently holds a USSF National C License, United Soccer Coaches National Goalkeeping License, and a KNVB Dutch Youth National License.
Jeremy says “Our academy offers the best possible goalkeeper training in the country. With a history of developing NCAA Champion, Regional, ODP, ECNL, and RPL Goalkeepers. With 8 fully qualified professionals, former professionals, former college coaches, current and former collegiate goalkeepers within the ranks. This gives us an unmatched goalkeeping staff.”
BUSA’s GOALKEEPER PROGRAM FOCUSES ON:
- Footwork & Handling
- Shot Stopping & Reactions
- Crosses & High Balls
- 1v1 & Breakaways
- Distribution & Starting Positions
- Goalkeeper Speed Work & Agility
- Mental aspects of Goalkeeping
WHO CAN ATTEND BUSA GOALKEEPER ACADEMY?
Anyone can attend who is affiliated with Birmingham United Soccer Association Goalkeeper Academy. This a supplemental training program which means we are teaching techniques and principals that goalkeepers do not receive in the team environment. All our programs are supplementary: “functioning in a supporting capacity.”
WE OFFER TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF TRAINING:
- BUSA Goalkeeper Academy: The BUSA Goalkeeper Academy is direct coaching for all goalkeepers that currently are playing for BUSA teams during the Fall and/or Spring Seasons.
- Year-Round Camps (Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring): Goalkeeper training programs for goalkeepers of all ages and all abilities and from ALL clubs, to come and train in a high level, fun and enjoyable environment. All seasonal programs are broken up into age and ability specific sessions.
BUSA Goalkeeper Academy offers the best possible goalkeeper training in the state of Alabama. With 8 fully-qualified ex-professional, former collegiate coaches, current and former collegiate goalkeepers as training staff.
ALL SESSIONS BEGIN FEBRUARY 3rd ALL SESSIONS END MAY 2nd
RATHMELL TRAINING SESSIONS
MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY
Session:1 5pm to 6pm (Academy to u14)
Session:2 6pm to 7pm (u14 to u15)