U9-U18 Spring 2023 Recreational Soccer Registration Is Now Closed
THE LEGION FC EXPERIENCE
Birmingham United Soccer Association and Legion FC have entered into a partnership agreement.
As part of the Legion FC Experience, All registered recreational players will receive the following:
- 2 Season Tickets to the Legion FC home games.
- Field access at Protective Stadium before and/or after Legion FC games on dates selected by Legion FC;
- Attendance at the Legion FC clinic at Protective Stadium with Legion FC coaches and players;
- A ten percent (10%) discount on Legion FC merchandise
For a family with more than one recreational players, the family will receive Four (4) Season Tickets to the Legion FC home games.
In Addition: All registrants may add Two (2) additional season tickets, and a Legion FC Logo T-shirt for $25.
CASL SCHEDULES FALL 2022 – CLICK HERE
- Teams compete in the Central Alabama Soccer League (CASL) with other Birmingham-area soccer clubs.
- Teams will be formed by February 26, 2023. Players will be contacted after this date.
- Coaches are needed for all age groups. (Please indicate at Registration)
- Coaches Meeting (required for all coaches) – Sunday, February 26 at 5:00 pm at – Heardmont Park Senior Center, 5458 Cahaba Valley Rd.
- Practices may begin the week of February 27, 2023.
Note: All players will be placed in their appropriate age group. Playing up in age group will be allowed but could be subject to a staff evaluation.
For more information, contact Jim Jeter, Recreational Director
All Players will need to have
- Soccer Ball (U9 thru U12 size 4, U13 and up use size 5)
- Water Bottle
- Shin Guards – Required
- Soccer Cleats (No baseball or football cleats permitted)
- GIRLS** NO EARINGS PERMITTED
- Multiple locations
- Volunteer coaches
- 2x practices per week
- All games on weekends
UNIFORMS WILL BE ORDERED AND PURCHASED ONLINE BY THE PARENT THROUGH THE BUSA STORE!
ALL PLAYERS Who have the current NIKE uniform are good to go! If you are are new player and do not have the BUSA Nike Uniform kit, you need to order now.
You may order any pieces you need, such as shorts or socks only at this link.
All NEW Players can order uniforms online at this link:
There is also a uniform order link in registration.
BUSA Rec uniform kit consists of:
- Navy Tiempo Premier jersey with logo and number ($26.17)
- White Tiempo Premier jersey with logo and number ($26.17)
- Navy PARK II shorts ($14.10)
- Navy CLASSIC socks ($9.40)
You may choose the number for the back of your jerseys.
All Uniforms will be ordered by the parent and shipped directly to the parent address. Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. ORDER EARLY!!!
Practices may begin after coaches meeting,
February 27, 2023
BUSA (South/Chelsea) Practices
- U9 practice at Dunnavant Valley (sportsblast) or Forest Park – Tue/Thur 5:30 – 7 pm
- U10 practice at Dunnavant Valley or Forest Park – Mon/Wed OR Tue/Thur 5:30 – 7 pm
Mt. Brook (North) Practices
- U9 practice at Mt. Brook High School – Tue/Thur 5:30 – 7 pm
- U10 practice at Mt. Brook High School – Mon/Wed 5:30 – 7 pm
IF WE HAVE MORE NORTH TEAMS THAN FIELD SPACE AT MBHS, TEAMS WILL BE ADDED TO THE RATHMELL SPORTS PARK FIELD.
- Practice times and locations for Under-11 and older will be determined by the coach after teams are formed.
- Games begin on April 1 and are played on Saturdays with possible Friday evenings and Sunday afternoon dates.
Available CASL Game Dates are as follows:
(Subject To Change)
- April 1, 2, 7, 8, 14, 15, 16, 28, 29, 30
- May 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21
- March 24-26 Hoover Havoc Tournament – No League Games
- April 21-23 Trussville Classic Tournament – No League Games
What does my child need to bring?
Each Rec player will need a soccer ball (U9-U12 use size 4, U13 and up use size 5), water bottle, shin guards, and soccer cleats. Baseball and football cleats are not permitted.
How do I purchase a jersey?
All uniforms can be found on the soccer.com club site (https://www.soccer.com/club/14004100). A link will also be sent to each registrant at the beginning of the season.
What league does my child participate in?
Your child is part of the Central Alabama Soccer League (CASL) and play against teams and clubs from the local metropolitan area.
Where are practices located?
Practice locations are based on the location where you registered.
Where are my games played?
At least half of the games are home games at your typical practice field. The remaining games are played at the opponents field or a neutral field location.