AFC Helping Off The Field.
Alabama FC Serves!
Over the past few weeks and continuing into the fall season, our teams have been out impacting the community with our Alabama FC Serves Day. This has become an annual calendar event for Alabama FC, as we want to teach our players and membership the value of helping our community, through selfless acts of kindness.
Our club continued to raise the standard of excellence in serving our community. Below are some of the projects a few of our teams worked on this summer:
- Alabaster 05/06/07 Select and 07 Premier Boys- Serving Manna Ministries
- 09 Premier and 10 Select Girls- Packed over 500 food boxes with the local community food bank
- 07 Premier Boys- Spent time with Boys and Girls Club at the Legion FC game
- 2010 ECNL Girls- Picked up trash and did landscaping at the Lovelady Center
- 2012 Pre ECNL Boys/2012 SCCL South Boys- spent 4-5 hours cleaning up the Moton Community Center in Leeds
- 07 ECNL Boys- donated backpacks to Vineyard Family Services
- 2014 Girls- Decorated and Packed Lunch Bags for Samaritan Place for local refugees
- 2011 ECNL/ECRL Boys did a mini-camp for the Boys and Girls Club of Central Alabama
Executive Director Andrew Brower on his thoughts on the 2023 Alabama FC Serves Day.” This is one of the best things we do as an organization. To serve witness to countless kids and families showing the impact we can have by taking a few hours out of our busy lives to serve and help others in our community is priceless. We love to see our membership rally in unity to serve those in need in our area. This is a great example of our club working together to make our community stronger and better for future generations. I am grateful to so many parents, managers, and players for their role in another successful Alabama FC Serves Day!”