Be a Student of Your Game
Why should I keep a training diary?
- Helps motivate us as we can see if our training habits are helping us to improve and reach our goals as a player.
- It allows us to reflect on what we have done and how that is helping us, and what we need to do better.
- We can log and track our progress with certain drills and exercises.
- It makes us more accountable for our own actions… by writing things down we can see if we are putting in enough work to get to where we want to go.
- It give’s us confidence! Seeing all the hard work we are putting in written down helps us see the benefits of the training we are doing.
What we put in our training diary?
- Write down our goals for the week/season, by seeing them in our journal we are constantly reminded of where we are trying to go.
- Have some ideas of what we will do this week to help us work towards our goals.
- What we have done in training/practice. It is good to log what we have done so we can compare workloads from week to week. Be specific with number of repetitions, time etc so we can see our progress.
- Record how we felt you performed when training, want went well and what we might change. Be honest with this, if we always say everything was perfect we will not improve!
- Celebrate the things we did well!!! It is great to look back and remember when we had success.
- Watch pro/college games and take notes on what you can take into our game.
USE THE TEMPLATE PROVIDED TO START YOUR OWN DIARY!